The Army Health Clinic SOUTHCOM
The Army Health Clinic SOUTHCOM provides ambulatory primary healthcare services to enrolled active duty service members, adult active duty family members, and TRICARE-eligible retirees working within U.S. Army Garrison-Miami. The clinic is located on the SOUTHCOM Headquarters at 9301 NW 33rd St., Doral, Fla. 33172, in the Installation Services building, STE A1040.
The Army Health Clinic SOUTHCOM is open for the vast majority of SOUTHCOM Family Days, which are normally the Friday before a federal holiday. On these days, we do shorten our hours slightly to close at 1500 hours.
All beneficiaries who need care on a day on which the clinic is closed should seek care at a Tricare network urgent care facility. A list of authorized urgent care facilities can be found at the following website: www.humanamilitary.com. Click on "Provider Locator" under "Beneficiary Information" and follow the prompts. If the medical issue poses a threat to life, limb, or eyesight, the beneficiary should head straight to the nearest Emergency Room. Please remember to follow-up with your provider the next business day.
We welcome feedback from our customers. Please utilize the DOD's Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) portal to let us know how we are doing. Navigate to ice.disa.mil and then Search for "Dwight D. Eisenhower Army Medical Center" and then search for "Army Health Clinic SOUTHCOM" to leave a comment.
Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Thursday: 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM
** Closed for training and administration on Thursday afternoons
Closed Weekends and Federal Holidays
* Closed on SOUTHCOM Family Days
Give us a minute of your time and tell us how we are doing.
Medical in-processing is conducted daily.
Ensure that you bring a valid military I.D. (CAC), a copy of your military orders, medical and dental records, and a copy of your latest shot record.
The pharmacy dispenses medication to eligible beneficiaries (active duty service members, retirees and family members). This includes new prescriptions, refills and transfers as permitted by law. SOUTHCOM Pharmacy now accepts Electronic Prescribing (eRx) which allows civilian providers to electronically transmit prescriptions to the pharmacy and addresses the growing number of civilian providers who utilize electronic prescribing as their only means of generating a prescription.
Within the civilian portal, SOUTHCOM Pharmacy appears as "DoD SOUTHCOM ePhcy".
Pharmacy Services are available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 7am to 4pm and Thursday 7am to 12 noon. The pharmacy closes 12:30-1:30pm for lunch. The pharmacy schedule may change depending on clinic demands and holidays.
- Some medications still require paper prescriptions. Military pharmacies do not accept electronic prescriptions for controlled substances.
- SOUTHCOM Pharmacy follows a strict formulary. The list of formulary medications approved for dispensing can be found at:https://ikenet2010.ddeamc.amedd.army.mil/dcn/pharmhm.
Non-formulary medications cannot be filled and some formulary medication may require prior authorization before dispensing.
*On-hand stock is limited so medications may require ordering from the prime vendor. Allow a minimum of 24-hours depending on availability from vendor. To avoid delay obtaining your prescribed medication, availability can be verified with the SOUTHCOM Pharmacy staff by calling 305-437-1749 before generating eRx or coming to the pharmacy for pickup.
* To obtain medication from the SOUTHCOM pharmacy, all new patients must complete SOUTHCOM system / CHCS registration at the medical records window. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
See FAQ below for additional information or contact the pharmacy at 305-437-1749.
Physical Exams are conducted on appointment basis only.
Contact (305) 437-1148 to schedule an appointment or for questions regarding physical exams.
In the Event of a Medical Emergency
- If occurring within the SOUTHCOM Headquarters: activate Garrison Emergency Response System by calling the Garrison Department of Emergency Services at (305) 437-2677/2347.
- In the event of a Medical Emergency outside the SOUTHCOM Headquarters and after duty hours, call 911 or visit the nearest Hospital Emergency Room. Upon discharge, report to the Army Health Clinic SOUTHCOM the following duty day during the hours of sick call. At this time bring all discharge paperwork to your military provider for further evaluation.
Wait Times Standards
- In accordance with 32 CFR 199.17(p)(5)(ii)
Urgent (Acute) Care: Non-emergent illness or injury which requires medical treatment. (Will not result in death or disability). Appointment within 24 hours.
Routine Care: Follow up or preventive care. Appointment within 10 - 14 calendar days.
Referral for Specialty Care: Injury or illness which require specialized treatment. Appointment within four weeks.
Office waiting times should not exceed 30 minutes. Exceptions are subject to provider/patient ratio and other factors pertaining to individual MTF.
For information regarding the Notice of Privacy Practices (NOPP), the use and disclosure of your medical information, please access the following link: https://eisenhower.amedd.army.mil/PatientsVisitors/SitePages/Patient%20Rights%20and%20Responsibilities.aspx